Asciinema [as-kee-nuh-muh] is a free and open source solution for recording terminal sessions and sharing them on the web.
Forget screen recording apps and blurry video. Enjoy a lightweight, purely text-based approach to terminal recording.
For more details, check out the external changelog.
- Fixed example in asciicast v2 format doc (thanks Josh "@anowlcalledjosh" Holland!)
- Replaced deprecated encodestring (since Python 3.1) with encodebytes (thanks @delirious-lettuce!)
- Fixed location of config dir (you can mv ~/.asciinema ~/.config/asciinema)
- Internal refactorings
- New asciicast v2 file format
- Recording and playback of arbitrarily long session with minimal memory usage
- Ability to live-stream via UNIX pipe: asciinema rec unix.pipe + asciinema play unix.pipe in second terminal tab/window
- Optional stdin recording (asciinema rec --stdin)
- Appending to existing recording (asciinema rec --append <filename>)
- Raw recording mode, storing only stdout bytes (asciinema rec --raw <filename>)
- Environment variable white-listing (asciinema rec --env="VAR1,VAR2...")
- Toggling pause in asciinema play by Space
- Stepping through a recording one frame at a time with . (when playback paused)
- New asciinema cat <filename> command to dump full output of the recording
- Playback from new IPFS URL scheme: dweb:/ipfs/ (replaces fs:/)
- Lots of other bugfixes and improvements
- Dropped official support for Python 3.3 (although it still works on 3.3)
Less ▲Older Versions ▼
There are no similar apps available yet.Submit One